Friday, February 13, 2009

The Verdict! (Thats what she said!)

SOOO....Matt interview went swimmingly!! :) I'm not sure if that's a real word, but I'm using it anyway! You'll have to ask Matt in person to get the full story but I know lots of people (well the four people that read my blog) are interested to know how it went!

The owner met with Matt and told him several times that he really liked him and could tell that he really loved what he did. He went ON and ON about how much he liked Matt's print work. The problem is that they need a web designer, and Matt has only worked 2 websites. (Although they are GREAT!) He's done the Pawnshop's http://www.goldrushpawnbrokers.com/ and Darren and Katie's Bagz website http://www.kdbagz.com/.

Sidenote: Devin I need you to show me how to hyperlink words. All I can do is type out the whole website!

He said that he is going to try and crunch the numbers and see if they can take on another print designer. BUT (I know I'm not supposed to start a sentence with BUT :) ) no matter what happens, he still wants to contract out some work to Matt (like free lance stuff). Matt was REALLY excited and encouraged when he got done with the interview. Hopefully it will develop into a job!!!

Babe! I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. That's all great news! You never know where things can lead...sometimes, all it takes is to get your foot in the door, so to speak!

    Okay, on linking:
    When you type the words you want to link with (for example, let's say you want to use the words "Pawn Shop", and when you click on that, you want it to take you to Gold Rush's site) you simply type it as you normally would, and then highlight "Pawn Shop" with your cursor. Then, click on the little button at the top that looks like a chain link--that is your linking button! Up will come a box, and then you simply type the exact address of the site you want to link to--in this case, it would be http://www.goldrushpawnbrokers.com--
    and then hit enter or okay or whatever. (I generally never type anything out--I just copy and paste websites, but either way will work. Copying is quicker and ensures you won't make an error in typing.) Your text that says "Pawn Shop" will now automatically be highlighted in a new or darker color (and possibly underlined as well, depending on what your template allows for) and will link to the site of your choosing! :-)

    Hope that helps, my newbie-blogging friend.

    By the way, it took me forever to figure that out too :).

    ReplyDelete